“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 23 January 2012

Uffffff

As much as I've tried, I haven't been able to ignore the fact that we are getting closer and closer to the one year anniversary of the March 11 disaster. 

It's been playing on my mind a lot recently.

How quickly my mood today has changed!

I just saw some footage and the minute I saw those images of the earthquake shaking the buildings in Tokyo and of the tsunami hitting the shore of the north eastern coast, I felt some someone had stabbed me. 

The pain of losing so many people in that disaster is still so, so raw. I didn't realise just how raw until I was visually reminded of the devastation that that tsunami caused.

=(

And now I'm kinda dreading March 11. Because I know that it is gonna be all over the news - you won't be able to switch onto any news site on the TV, online, in the papers without having those images splashed all over the place. It's just another (guilty) reminder of how lucky we all are in Tokyo. I feel guilty for complaining about such trivial things, when people up in the north have got a lot more to complain about....and don't.

I'm not sure how I feel - I'm thinking that I wanna privately mourn and remember my friends in the privacy of my own home rather than forcing myself to work.....I'll see how I feel nearer the time. Although I'm not sure that spending that whole day by myself would be a good idea. I dunno. 

A part of me still can't believe that even happened. The year has gone so fast, yet at the same time it feels like it was such a long time ago. 

There was a little earthquake this evening and it just got me thinking.

xoxo

No comments: