“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 28 August 2008

R.I.P



My car has died :-(

I knew it had problems. They've been kinda building up over the last few months. So I finally took the car to the garage today and they told me the repairs would cost 450quid. Seeing as the car only cost 650, it was agreed it wasn't worth it.

So I had to buy a new one.

But I learnt my lesson about buying a cheap car. It was 9 years old and had like 132,000km on the clock when I bought it. When I took it in today it had over 139,000.

I decided it was worth spending a little bit more. My new car is still old. It's 8 years old but only has 60,000km on the clock. And it cost little over a grand. Not that bad really when you think of car prices back home.

So I came home in a new car. Which has bankrupted me this month and next month. Nice of the guy to let me pay in 3 installments though. And the new car is still a yellow plate but is bigger than the old one and drives so smoothly!!

And at least I won't be burning my ass on the leather seats anymore!! Although I will miss my old car. It was so cute and full of character :-(

R.I.P to my little Daihatsu Opti Classic

xx

No comments: