“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 4 August 2008

Slowly Does It

I have been living in chaos for a few days now.

Since I came back from Hong Kong I've been meaning to tidy up my apartment.

I haven't even unpacked that suitcase. Mainly because I don't have enough hangers to put all my clothes on. And I've run out of space for my bags and shoes.

I've just realised just how many bags and shoes I actually have. And that doesn't even include what I left behind in England.

But my place is starting to look good. I have a new black leather sofa and a new table which has automatically made the room look a billion times more stylish than it did with the monstrosities that were there before.

And I now have a double bed. It may be short but it's wide!! Not that I'll be able to take full advantage of that on a regular basis anymore! :-(

But I can't stand it anymore. Constantly stubbing my toe on pans and tripping over clothes/bags/shoes has finally given me the kick up the ass I needed to finally tidy up. That and the fact that I have nothing to do. And no money or petrol.

I haven't been this poor for a long time. And there are still 3 weeks til payday. I've had to swallow my pride and ask a friend for money. And then I look around at all these bags and shoes and new clothes and realise where all that money went!! lol!

I WILL have this apartment cleaned by the end of the day. I MEAN it. I don't have anything else to do!! And yet I'm still procrastinating. The place is a fucking tip I just can't be arsed!

But it's something to stop me from just being sad for the rest of the day.

よし!

No comments: