“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 3 March 2009

Awesomeness

I had a blinding afternoon at elementary.

The game was just snakes and ladders but I'd spent a total of 11 hours making 3 A1 sized boards and awesome markers.

On my way to school I was thinking that they better love it because of all the effort I'd put in.

And they did. They actually played it properly as well, saying the words in English when they landed on a square. It was one of the best lessons I've had at that school. They'd never seen, heard of, or played snakes and ladders before and they absolutely LOVED the rules of going down a snake. It was hilarious because they always cheered when someone did.

It was a really awesome class. I literally spent the whole time laughing because their reactions were so funny.

Good stuff.

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I hope you laminated them so you can use them again and again! 11 hours is a monster effort.

I was thinking about making scrabble for my kids but... 100 letter pieces, a grid, letter stands... I just wish they sold Scrabble in Japan lol. They don't have many board games here do they?