“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Happiness

I've just finished 'What Should I Do With My Life' by Po Bronson.

And it's led me to ask myself if I'm happy. And if I'm doing what I'm doing because it's what I WANT to do.

The career path I'm looking at is gonna take years to get into - rather, the status I wanna be at is gonna take years to reach.

I see school friends getting married and having children. I'm so far from being at that stage right now, but it's also something that I've been thinking about more and more. I'm absolutely surrounded by happy couples, people holding hands, people being invited to weddings and christenings and it does make me sad to think that I'm no way near happiness on that level. It doesn't mean that I don't want to be there - it just hasn't happened yet.

Tokyo is my fresh start. Tokyo is my chance to reinvent myself and start doing the things that I want to do to advance my career.

Anything that comes with that is a bonus.

No comments: