“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 5 March 2009

Today's Pic

Temple of Heaven Park, Beijing, China

Last March I went to Beijing for 5 days. Only just enough time to fit in the city and the Great Wall. While we were visiting the Temple of Heaven Park, we ran into a load of school children on a school trip. There were actually loads of school trips that day. The funniest thing about them all was their uniform. All of them were wearing shell suits with like a red ribbon around their neck. We saw these blue ones, orange, yellow, green...I always wondered if this was what they actually wore in school or just when they go on trips...because sometimes my kids wear their sports kit when they do work experience. So maybe it's the same in China? I hope so! It was weird because they were like robots when I took their picture. No posing or anything, no matter how much I encouraged them to!

Man I wished I'd zoomed in so you could see the kids at the front better! Their faces are hilarious!

No comments: