“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 5 March 2009

Useless Gifts

When it gets to the end of the school year, you always gets loads of gifts from your students.

I got given a present from one of my 3nenseis at elementary school today. I never really understand why because it's not like they're leaving.

It was a pen pot made out of papier mache. The outside was newspaper. The kid that gave it to me thought it was really cool because the newspaper was in English. And he looked super proud of it when he presented it to me.

I put on a great big smile and went on and on about how awesome it was.

I haven't got a clue what to do with it.

I have a pencil case - I don't need a pen pot. I'm not at any one school for any length of time to make use of it either if I was to leave it on one of my desks.

*sigh*

But I haven't got the heart to throw it away either...not yet anyway!

LOL!

No comments: