“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 23 March 2009

More Farewell Presents

I got given some gorgeous, luxury chocolates today.

They were given to me by the TT. She's the woman who helps out in the 1年生classes, meaning that 3 times a week, a class of 30 has 3 English teachers at the same time.

This TT was really nice. She tried really hard to speak English with me. She may be working towards teaching English, but her own is....well, I don't want to say poor, but she has a lot of work to do. I found out that from August she may actually be at my school full time. Although I won't be here to see it.

It's really nice of her to give me such an expensive parting gift. And her message was incredibly sweet. She thanked me for my help and kindness. Then she went on to say that she admires my genkiness and control of the classroom (she has a very meek voice) and also thanked me because I'd given her a total of 24 (she actually counted?!) different ideas for classes that she wouldn't have been able to come up with by herself.

That's when I started to realise just how hard I've worked over the last couple of years. I really have worked my arse off. Preparing classes, making materials, scrutinizing films to find appropriate scenes for various activities....

お疲れ様ジェイド!!

Haha!

I will miss her though.

xx

No comments: