“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 1 March 2009

Post Tokyo Blues

I got back from Tokyo a couple of hours ago.

And I'm feeling really down. Again.

The weekend was way to short again. I was really busy yesterday and didn't get to enjoy time out with my friend until the evening. And then we started so early and got so drunk we were able to catch the last train home! LOL! Actually it was a good thing coz I had an early afternoon flight so it meant I could sleep off any possible hangover.

While I was there I was actually thinking how much I love Fukuoka. It was at a point when I was squashed on the train in the rush hour traffic. I had a flicker of doubt about my decision to quit. But that soon disappeared because I KNOW I am doing the right thing about leaving. But I think I really will miss it here and it's worth taking the trip back for from time to time to catch up with friends.

I'm starting to get a bit concerned about work now though. It's too early to look but I am keeping an eye on vacancies and what not. I just don't know what I can get outside of teaching. Not until I get there anyway and have actually had the time to explore my options.

I looking forward to being near friends though. I just hope they decide to stick around and not leave when I get there.

I'm not sure why I'm feeling so lonely. I think I just really miss them. Even the thought of going to Bali can't bring me out of these blues right now.

Along with that I bumped into someone that I haven't seen for a long time and that just stirred up a whole lot of emotions that I think are getting to me now. And making me feel sad.

And on top of all of that I have a whole load of lesson prep to do.

No comments: