“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 30 March 2009

四国


Iya Valley, Kagawa Ken

Last weekend (the long one), I went on a road trip across Shikoku.

Never try and do it in 3 days.



Okobe Gorge, Kagawa Ken

I was really surprised when I was reading up on Shikoku - I didn't realise that there was so much to see there. The problem is, we had serious time limitations and I often got outvoted and as a result, missed the best bits of the island. We did get to make a stop in every prefecture though.

Shikoku is a seriously inaka island. Very mountainous and pretty. But it's the kind of beauty all over the island and it gets boring very quickly. The nightlife is absolutely terrible! Well, I shouldn't say that because we only saw it in Takamatsu and Koichi. Koichi wasn't bad actually - but that night out got cut short because people were feeling tired. Boooo!! There are definitely things that are worth seeing - Matsuyama and Iya Valley for example, but it wasn't the trip I was expecting it to be.



Ritsurin Park, Takamatsu

It's always a risk taking a trip with people you don't know. But on a road trip it's worse because you never can get any time away from the people that you are travelling with. A trip like this can either be awesome or fail miserably. I think you can tell from the tone of this which category this trip fell into.



Ritsurin Park, Takamatsu

But I don't really want to get into that too much. LOL! The pics are all up on FB. There was nothing that really stood out to me to want to blog about it in more detail. I mean, I'm making it sound terrible but it was something that I really wantd to do before I left Kyushu. And now it's done.


No comments: