“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Time Flies

I got my new JET diary today. And then I realised there isn't a lot of time left before I leave.

January went by so slowly. And now it's March. What the hell?! The thought of taking the next step is both exciting and scary. Especially because at this point, it's so uncertain.

I can't believe I've been here nearly 2 years. It seems crazy when I think about it. But at the same time, London feels like a lifetime ago.

I remember when loads of JETs left last year, someone told me that I should make the most of every minute because before I knew it, it would be time for me to leave. And that's exactly what's happened.

And I keep switching between doubting my decision to quit and knowing that I made the right decision in quitting.

It's such a hard choice to make. But sometimes you just have to take the plunge. Take the risk. Otherwise you will just never know how things would have worked out. And the not knowing is the hardest part of any situation that you may find yourself in.

You've worked out what I'm up to haven't you?

LOL ;-)

Good luck to me!

xx

No comments: