“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 30 December 2011

Sick, Sick, Sick

Apart from when I went to Cambodia, I have managed to enjoy over 4 years of travelling around Asia without getting sick.

Well - my luck was bound to run out sooner or later and on the 28th, it did.

I can't tell you what caused it. It could have been the anti-malaria meds I'm on, it could have been the coffee I accidentally drank (don't ask), it could have been the ice I also accidentally drank or it could have been something I ate. But on the night of the 28th I was in and out of the bathroom all night violently vomiting and with painful stomach cramps.

Luckily for me (and for my friend), I'm not one of those people to just give up and feel sorry for myself. I had litres of water on hand and rehydration salts. As much as I hate those things, I was forcing myself to drink them and mustering every bit of strength to fight it. We were flying the next day and I sure as hell didn't wanna be caught short on a transit day!!

I took it easy yesterday - I ate the blandest meals, took a day off the anti-malaria meds and stayed away from booze. A bit shitty seeing as it was my friend's birthday, but we're going to celebrate tonight instead. Feeling much better today but still gonna be keeping an eye on what I eat and drink so there is no repeat! Trust me to top it all off by today being that time of the month too! HAHA - too much info deshou! Sorry!

xoxo

No comments: