“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Back in the Day

I was reminiscing about my uni years today.

I didn't have the typical uni life. Whilst other students were hitting up the student union bar, drinking £1 shots, I was sipping champagne in London's celebrity haunts.

It was at that time I got one of the best compliments I've ever had.

'You look like a young Aaliyah'.

I was only 19 and I used to straighten my hair all the time back then. I also wore it over one eye and I got that Aaliyah compliment a lot. Everytime I heard it, I was always amazed at being likened to such a beautiful woman.

What a waste of a life.

Sometimes I miss the lifestyle I used to have - champagne, martinis, members only clubs, VIP, queue jumping, launch parties and rubbing shoulders with some really incredible people.

Maybe one day I'll tell you about how I made a complete arse of myself in front of Timbaland.

I really miss Aaliyah.

R.I.P. Baby girl xx

No comments: