“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 9 April 2009

Doh!

You know, I was really glad when my elementary school let me out for a couple of hours this morning to attend the welcome ceremony for the new students at JHS.

And then I got there and remembered who I was dealing with. Out of the 64 kids, I like 19 of them. The rest are from the school where I quit the classes coz the kids were so bad.

Nothing's changed - they're still moody and full of a stinking attitude. I just hope the JHS teachers are able to snap them out of it. It was clear to the other teachers too - the students I adore were so excited to see me. And there's the others who just sat there with their arms folded with scowls on their faces, barely bowing even when the head took the stage. My JTE came up to me and told me it was obvious who my favourite students were. I told her they're not just my favourite students - they are the students who are worthy of my attention.

Little shits.

No comments: