“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 9 April 2009

Don't Hate the Player...Hate the Game

I've just finished reading 'The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick Up Artists' by Neil Strauss.

It's about a guy who has no self esteem and is completely useless with women. He joins an online community and starts talking to and meeting pick up artists - and starts learning how men can pick up any woman by following a few rules and dropping a few lines. He then goes on to become the best pick up artist in the field.

It's an interesting read but also quite ridiculous. I'm gonna be one of the women he patronizes and say that that shit would never work on me. And I don't believe it would. Spout a cheesy line and the girl will sleep with you or give you her number?!?! And if a guy approached me wearing a fluroscent shirt, a feather boa, platform shoes and silver nail polish, I'd tell him he was in the wrong kind of club.

LOL!

I'd give it a 2 out of 5. Nothing new and exciting in there for me. Just empasises what fools men are to shell out so much money to be told how to get laid!

No comments: