“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 5 April 2009

Hiroshima お好み焼き

God this feels like a long time ago.

Well, I guess it was really. February 2008. I spent the weekend in Hiroshima. It's about a 4 hour drive from where I live here.

This is Hiroshima style okonomiyaki. Egg, noodles and fish flakes. It was good but seriously filling. And to be honest, I prefer the Osaka style. Much tastier in my opinion.

Feels weird looking at myself in this photo. My hair is so long! Man, I can't wait till it grows back again.

That was a really, really fun weekend away. It was one of those weekends where everything retarded that could possibly happen, happened.

Good times.

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to a great little okonomiyaki place with my now "fiancée" :) in Hiroshima. I can't remember the name but they prepared them in the same style I've seen in Saga, BBQ sauce and mayo on top etc. It was ace.