“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 22 April 2009

Grrr....

Sometimes i wish I'd trust my instincts more.

I got a call last week telling me yesterday's elementary classes were cancelled and to go to the BOE in the afternoon.

Now my supervisor is new and doesn't seem to have a grip on things yet, so I was about 90% sure she'd forget. So I was debating skiving and staying home.

But I decided not to take the risk because if I got caught, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. My BOE keep pretty close tabs on me, plus I got the call telling me what was going on.

So yesterday afternoon I dragged myself to the BOE. My supervisor wasn't even there and neither was the division head. And the others just looked baffled to see me. That's when I was like thinking I totally could've gotten away with staying home.

Grrr....

No comments: