“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Back in London

Nearly 2 years out of the country and I'm back in the UK.

I was so damn nervous when the plane was landing...and then I got really excited when I thought that my parents might surprise me and be waiting at the airport.

So I went through arrivals and they weren't there. I just felt really deflated and suddenly all those nerves just disappeared. I waited around for 10 mins and then I saw my mum waving frantically at me. With my chicken, bacon and avocado sandwich from M&S. The taste of granary bread was AMAZING!!!

It was really weird driving around - not seeing any Japanese signs around and HOW low are the traffic lights over here?!?! I remember getting to Japan and thinking that they were really high up....I guess I just got used to them! And my dad's car seemed massive!!!

My parents have completely pimped out their house!!! I can't believe that's the same place that I grew up in!!

So tired...but I'm trying to stay up so I can keep in with UK time and not completely mess up my body clock. I'm gonna try and rent a phone tomorrow and get to the hospital so I can finally find out what the deal is with my foot.

I think the most annoying thing about being back is that I'm totally eavesdropping on other people's conversations!! I'm so used to tuning out in public places but being surrounded by English, I find myself totally listening to what people are talking about - it's really ANNOYING!!! Need to get out of that habit because people just talk a load of bollocks!!!

Feels nice to be back though.

xx


No comments: