“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 15 August 2009

Westfield

I LOVED it!!!

I can't believe they opened such a big shopping centre in London. It is amazing!

There is a section called the 'Village' which is where all the designer stores are, complete with a champagne bar. And then 3 floors of shops and 40 different restaurants. I couldn't believe the variety of eating choices - you could even have Pho!! And what shocked me more than that being there in the first place, was the number of people queuing to eat it!!

It felt so good to be shopping back here. I did really well, only spending 700 quid. It sounds like a lot when you say it in pounds but if I convert it back to yen, then that's the average spend for a shopping trip for me!!

I had a really nice day out there. And it was only a 35 minute drive from my parents' house. Even with the rush hour traffic, we got back home in just 45 mins. Sweet.

Kinda glad I'm not living in London - that place would be LETHAL! And I was thinking that now I wouldn't need to hit up the London shopping streets but I know I will! I need to have a look in Topshop and the only one I go to is the one on Oxford street so I may as well have a look at other shops while I'm there! I need to be careful though - I think I may be over the luggage limit just with my purchases yesterday!

Doh!

xx

No comments: