“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 20 August 2009

Gorgeous London!!

Wow!!!

It hit 30 degrees today in London. And I was missing that air con on trains like anything!!! They were like saunas and so gross!!!

It has been great catching up with friends but today I felt so tired trawling from one end of London to another to see people. Especially in this heat...and my heavy bag and hangover didn't help either!!! I was supposed to stay in town tonight as well but things finished up a little earlier than I thought so I decided to come back to my mum's so I can take a bit of time out tomorrow. Absolutely exhausted.

But I'm loving it. I haven't hit the clubs yet, and to be honest I don't think I will get a chance, but I've really enjoyed seeing everyone and it's great looking at other people's houses and seeing what everyone is doing now. Some people have grown up so much with their husbands and kids and mortgages and then there are people who just haven't changed at all.

It's so easy to slip back into things. On the one hand it feels like I haven't been away at all but then someone will talk about something that happened in the last 2 years and I just wouldn't have a clue what they were talking about. I've found that my attitudes towards certain things have changed dramatically...in a good way!

It's been a good couple of days but I am definitely ready for a day off!

xx

No comments: