“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Clearout

Seeing as my parents have been doing up the house, I decided that it was time to stop treating it as a dumping ground and get some of my stuff out of there.

So today I sorting through 2 suitcases of clothes. And out of everything was there, I think I kept about half a dozen items which I'm going to ship to Japan ahead of me. I came to the conclusion that if I wasn't gonna wear it in Japan then I probably wouldn't wear it in England. And there was some stuff which I still like but I don't want to take to Japan so I just shoved it in a bag to go to the charity shop. I mean, I don't know when I'm gonna settle back in the UK so what's the point of hanging on to all this stuff?! I filled 2 black bin bags with clothes to go to the charity shop and one bag to be chucked out. 3 bags?!?! Yes, I had that many clothes just sitting around, not being worn. But I'm gonna let my sis take a look through it first. A lot of the clothes aren't that old and some I've barely worn.

It's actually a pretty good feeling to sort through all my stuff. Brings back so many memories though! And I'm gonna be doing it all day tomorrow as well before I head into town for the week.

xx

No comments: