“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 24 August 2009

Soho

I went out last night in town with my brother and his girlfriend. It's the first time I've properly been out since I've been back.

I tried to contact my normal links but everyone is outta town DJing in other countries so we were browsing online to see where is hot to go. We ended up at this club that my brother and his girl frequent pretty often called Club 49 in Soho.

I loved it. It's rare for clubs these days to be so troublefree and have such friendly staff and doorman. And the drinks were pretty reasonably priced as well. I was LOVING the music - especially when there was a stint of old UK garage which just made me grin my arse off.

I had a great time. It felt good to be out in London clubs again. So good. Except I am so tired today. I got up early with the intention of going out and buying a laptop but my brother didn't get up until late and I couldn't leave until he had finished working on something. So I literally waiting for about 6 hours and then just ended up shopping online!!! A little bit annoying because I really wanted to be taking home a new laptop today but I guess what is more annoying is I went shopping for one last weekend and my brother told me to hold off from buying anything because he wanted me to check out the prices in this little independent shop in London. So I wait, and then when I showed him the laptop I was thinking of buying, not only did he say it was excellent, but it was also the same price as in store.

Sometimes I really should trust my own judgement. I not amazing when it comes to computers but by no means am I dumb and I am perfectly capable of selecting a perfectly good laptop...which I did. But my brother has a knack of making me think that I COULD be making the wrong decision. I should have gone ahead and just bought the laptop and then I wouldn't have had to spend the week using this piece of shit!!!

ARGH!!!


No comments: