“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 3 August 2009

Noooo!!!!

I give up. I have to leave my beloved kotatsu behind.

I was determined to take it with me. Not only is it gorgeous and massive, it was also ridiculously expensive. And I'm gutted.

I was messing around with it last night trying to wrap it up in cardboard. Then this morning I called the moving company and the price they're charging to pack it up for me just isn't worth it.

It's such a big kotatsu. I was going to ship it back to England. THAT'S how much I love it. And my new place doesn't have one.

The ONLY plus with this (apart from saving money) is that it frees up a lot of space in the boxes. A lot of space. I had to repack a box but now I only have 14 boxes instead of 15 so I've saved a coupleof thousand yen. Woohoo!

So tired. I've been spending nearly every night with someone. Which is great....except for his love for air con. I normally end up freezing my arse off and wake up everyday with a sore thoat. But if I just run a fan, he gets too hot and then ends up tossing and turning so I don't get a good night's sleep anyway. Either way I can't win. I just don't get people who sleep with the air con on. Just messes with my throat. Not to mention the fact that it's expensive to run. I only use it when it's really hot (which it isn't) or when other people come over and don't seem to be able to survive without it.

What's wrong with a good old fashioned fan?

*sigh* I'm scared to get my electricity bill this month. It's gonna set me back a fortune.

:-(

No comments: