“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 1 December 2008

Catching Up

On Friday, I went out and caught up with a friend I haven't seen for a while.

Well, it wasn't that I hadn't seen him for a while....more like we haven't spent any one-on-one time together for a while.

It was so nice to catch up. Mainly because he is the one person over here who's more on my level. And one of the 3 people I've met over here who I know I would actually be friends with back home.

We spent a bit of time talking about this actually. Despite the amount of people that you meet and call your friends here, very few of them would be in your life if you were back home. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just an inevitability (is that even a word?!) of the situation that we find ourselves in over here.

But with him, our paths would definitely cross back in our home countries. Mainly because we're both really into music.

Anyways, it was just seriously awesome to have that one-on-one catch up. It's important to do that sometimes because people really do behave differently in a crowd.

Take the time to do it people!

Loads of love

Jade xx

No comments: