“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 15 December 2008

Hostels

So in between all my sniffing and sneezing, I've been booking hostels for my trip.

I know I said I was gonna wait until I get to each place but I've changed my mind.

Looking through the guidebook today, there is so much that I wanna see in each place. I need months to cover everywhere I wanna go. But I have to be selective and narrow it down into 2.5 weeks.

And I don't wanna have to waste time looking for somewhere to stay. I've found 4 really cheap ones so far so it's not like I'm gonna be ripped off or anything - and sure, you MAY find something cheaper when you get there but I'm a sucker for traveller reviews - they give you a much better idea of what you're getting.

But I can't book for everything - just the main things that I definitely know I'm gonna be doing. Like, I KNOW I'm gonna be spending 2 days in Bangkok, 3 days in Siem Reap and 3 days in Luang Prabang. I haven't booked anything in between though coz I'm not sure where I'm gonna be. I wanted to spend a night in Ko Phi Phi but it's just not worth all that money for a pretty beach and none of the cheaper accommodation is available. Looks like I'm gonna be doing that as a day trip from Phuket instead. Which is still worthwhile. It looks soooo beautiful.

I just wish I had more time.

And on that note, I'm going to bed. I'm not tired but I need to make sure I get enough rest so I'm not tempted to call in sick tomorrow with this cold.

I'm at the sneezing stage now and it's doing my head in!!

Goodnight

xx

No comments: