“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 15 March 2011

頑張れ日本!

Japan must have really pissed off Mother Nature.

Earthquake, tsunami, a possible nuclear meltdown...and now a volcanic eruption!

She is definitely not happy!

It's not yet known whether the eruption was triggered by the quake but it's good too see that people had been evacuated within a mile radius and there are no casualties as of yet.

The crap bit?

MAN! I just hope that no one I know in Kyushu was down there! I have any friends in Kagoshima so I'm praying that you are all safe.

OMG!! There was just the craziest, shortest aftershock. That one actually made me jump outta my chair! It lasted barely a second though. There's been over 300 aftershocks since the big quake on Friday - today alond I must have felt at least 10 or so. All throughout my working day, my heart leaps into my throat as soon as an aftershock hits and I think back to my evacuation pack sitting at home.

I've decided to take the next couple of days off. I'm actually not that worried about another big quake now. The percentages are dropping and dropping. I'm now becoming increasingly concerned about the nuclear meltdown. I'm gonna pack that suitcase tomorrow coz that it on a whole other level of seriousness. Radioactive poisioning is 100% a risk I will NEVER take. If there is another explosion, I am most definitely outta here!

xoxo

No comments: