“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 1 October 2008

And it's Started....

I handed in my transfer request form today. The look on my supervisor's face when I gave it to her nearly made me take it straight back out of her hands. SERIOUSLY.

This woman has bent over backwards for me since I've been here. I have to admit, if this transfer does go through, leaving her is going to pull on the heart strings.

I'm having mixed feelings about this transfer lark.

I've come to adore it here. And I LOVE being so close to the beach - sunbathing, swimming, beach BBQs....

And then I think about Tokyo. And its unbearable rush hour trains, lack of green (I can't belive I'm saying that) and the tiny boxes that they call apartments and charge an arm and a leg for.

Worst of all? HAVING NO CAR! Relying on public transport and having the right of going where I want, when I want taken away from me. On the plus side, there are so many fucking great things about Tokyo. I'd be here all day if I were to write them all down. SHOPPING, food, Ageha, classy Roppongi clubs, martinis, diversity, PIZZA EXPRESS are just to name a few things I love about Tokyo.

The car and apartment thing bothers me the most. Yet I feel I have no choice but to go. Because if I carry on trying to live life the way I have been here, I know I'm headed for a serious downfall....one from which I don't think I'd be able to recover.

It is an agonizing 4 month wait until I know whether my transfer request has been approved. I know my supervisor understands. She even wished me luck. And then with the saddest face ever (seriously, it nearly made me cry), she told me she hope that the transfer doesn't go through.

And I know she's saying that with all the love in the world.

And so the wait begins.

Wish me luck xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Sucker!!!!!