“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 18 October 2008

Kunchi

It's Ouchi Kunchi this weekend.

And it is an absolutely GLORIOUS day outside.

Yet, I am forced to watch the whole thing from my flat. I feel a bit better today and I want it to stay that way!!! I want to save my strength so I can go out tonight.

I remember kunchi last year. I was a Japanese 'princess' and had to be at the salon at 6.30am so that could start on my make up.

I will never forget my horror when I looked in the mirror and saw Michael Jackson in a kimono staring back at me. They painted my face BRIGHT WHITE and the rest of the make up was even worse!! It was so embarrassing parading through my little town in front of all my students and teachers and other work colleagues. All the adults were telling me how beautiful I looked. LOL how patronising. At least I got an honest response from the kids...laughter!!!

It was nice getting so much free food and drink though. And I got paid for it! Which I didn't know at the time.

I would like to go out and watch on the street. But I don't have the energy to deal with my super genki students and their parents. I need to sleep a bit more!!

Which leaves me with the debate of what to do today.

My house is so damn messy it's starting to do my head in. There is dust everywhere. Not to mention I can't see the floor for bags and flashcards and clothes. If ever there was a day that I should tidy up, it's today. But I just can't be arsed.

So I think I'll just stay in bed and...yep, you got it...

watch Prison Break!!

Heheheheheh

xx


No comments: