“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Woah

It's like from this moment on, everything is a constant reminder that I will be leaving.

I got told this morning that they've picked my successor. They haven't told me anything about them yet, but it's just another reminder that in a couple of months, I won't be here anymore. And that makes me feel pretty sad actually because I don't really want to leave. But I have to go. It makes more sense for me to go now than putting it off for another year. For more than one reason.

But on a real sweet positive note, both my JTEs told me that the new ALT will have very big shoes to fill! Although they probably say that to everyone, it's still nice to know that you are valued and I have worked really hard during my time here.

I'm thinking that maybe I should start packing. It's one of those things that you put off because it makes everything seem so final. Whilst I'm still trying to save money, I still wanna enjoy the short time that I have left here with my friends.

I'm really gonna miss you guys!

Love y'all.

xx

No comments: