“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 30 June 2009

MJ Fever Still Running High

I am amazed and super chuffed at how my kids are reacting to my Michael Jackson classes.

Today was 2年生's turn and the kids were frantically taking notes as I was talking. They rocked the quiz - answering the questions in full sentences and putting the 3年生s to shame. I was really impressed about how clued up they were about him in the first place.

I didn't have time to do the moonwalking competition today, but my last classes with them are all gonna be Michael Jackson parties and we will do it then. Just need to think of some awesome prizes.

I told them the truth about why they were receiving the CDs. As I handed each one out, everyone else applauded. I LOVE the way my 2年生s support each other. It's so damn cute. I'm really gonna miss them :-(

I had my 'special' kids today. There's nothing even wrong with them - they're just very slow and can't keep up with the pace in regular class. So 2 of them are taught separately. One is a 2年生 boy and the other a 3年生 girl. When I went to see them today, the boy just jumped up and attempted to moonwalk. The girl looked at him and asked him what he was doing. When he told her he was doing Michael Jackson's moonwalk......

3年生: 'Who?'

2年生: 'Michael Jackson だよ。

3年生: Michael Jackson は誰ですか。

*Jade and JTE staring at her with mouths hanging open*

Jade: You don't know who Michael Jackson is?!?!?!?!

3年生: 知らん

JTE: ウソ!!!!

3年生: 本当だ。

Jade: You need to go and see the English Board.

JTE: ええええええええええええ?!?!?!何で知らんかなー

*Girl hangs her head in what I hope is shame*

And this is why I'm overtaking the classes this week - it's a crime!

But I'm not doing it with 1年生. I told my JTE I think it would be too difficult for them to understand. Which is would, so it's not a lie, although we both know I could make it much simpler if I wanted to. I would talk to them about him but I wouldn't give them any CDs, purely because they just don't deserve it!

I told you before how I quit the elementary classes. If I WERE to give out CDs, I would have just 19 out of 68 kids to choose from. And I don't wanna show such blatant favouritism because none of the kids who came from one particular school would receive one. I don't see why bullies and stinking attitudes should be rewarded. So I'm not gonna do it. Yeh, it may be unfair on the kids that do deserve it, but I don't want the backlash that will inevitably come from the bullies that didn't receive anything. They're bad enough already and I don't wanna give them cause to pick on the other kids. The little shits.

Still have so many CDs left to burn. But I'm perfectly happy to put the effort in.

If anyone can think of things I can give as awesome prizes, then let me know!

xx

No comments: