“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 22 July 2009

2 Weeks To Go!

I can't believe that I only have 2 weeks left here in Kyushu.

2 weeks! Where did all the time go?!

What's been really frustrating this week is the weather! Typical now that I have half days that it's been shit and I haven't been able to go to the beach.

2 weeks. Damn.

BUT after talking to my brother yesterday, I'm even more excited to be going home! Apparently my parents have revampd their house and so much has been going on in London, I won't be able to catch up! Can't wait to get to Gregg's and sink my teeth into a sausage roll! LOL! I'm gonna stuff my face!

It was funny when I was talking to him because he said my accent has changed. I know I use a lot of American words now (I'm gonna get the piss ripped out of me when I go back) but apparently my acent has become posher! My friend who's now living in Australia said that as well. Since I've been over here, I've been pretty set on making sure that I keep my British accent, despite the fact that the textbooks in schools are all in American english. I made it clear to teachers from the start that I wouldn't be changing the way I speak to accommodate the textbok. Funny how that mentality has made my accent posher though!

In 3 weeks I'm gonna be in London! I almost can't believe it!

Yay!

No comments: