“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 23 July 2009

Pure Humiliation

There's been a few times in my life where I've been like 'OMG that was so effing embarrassing' but nothing, absolutely NOTHING can touch the humilition I had to endure last night.

I'm not gonna go into details. I can't. You know that I am a proud girl and my ego has been severely bruised and I just can't relive what happened last night. I took a step out of the room and just buried my face in my hands - burning and almost crying from the humiliation I felt. The temptation to just leg it was overwhelming. My bag was RIGHT THERE, my shoes were RIGHT THERE. It was way more appealing than going back in and facing the situation. And I nearly did it. So, so close to just running away. But I didn't. I'm not even sure what made me stay - especially when I couldn't look someone in the eye for feeling like a complete and utter fool.

I just wasn't prepared for that reaction. And it just made me feel so damn stupid. I swear down that is THE most embarrassing moment of my life.

Pure humiliation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to. 本当にごめん。
Thanks for not running off.