“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 30 July 2009

The First REAL Goodbye

So I've been saying goodbye for 4 weeks now.

But today was my first goodbye to a very good friend.

And DAMN it was HARD! So hard. I couldn't keep the tears from falling and neither could he. I am so proud of the way that he has grown over the last two years and become a fine young man.

The worst bit about it all is that that was only the BEGINNING. I now have a week of saying goodbye to friends and it's gonna be so emotionally draining, I'm dreading it.

Yeh, there are exciting times ahead but you also have to remember that you are leaving behind an awesome place and awesome people. And no matter what it is you have to come, it doesn't make any of this any easier.

I'm scared!!

xx

No comments: