“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 17 July 2009

Done and Dusted!

It's 1.30 in the afternoon and I'm at home.

I've done all my farewell speeches and now I'm done with all my schools.

It's a great feeling but I really am sad to be leaving so many great students. It took me so long to leave the school for saying goodbye to them. I was strong though..the tears didn't come until after I'd already left. Which is weird because I've been bawling my eyes out at elementary school for the last 2 weeks.

I was overwhelmed with the generosity of the teachers. I got flowers and a portrait and this really expensive cup and bowl set thing. So sweet. The art teacher did my portrait - how AWESOME is this?! He said this is how he sees me!



I'm so glad all the goodbyes are over though because I honestly don't think I could've handled anymore. Now I'm just thinking about all the exciting times ahead!

I am so proud of what I've accomplished here. So proud.

Here come the tears!!!

No comments: