“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 23 July 2009

I Don't Wanna Go!

I have my BOE farewell party from 6 today.

HOW badly do I not want to go?! I think the idea is really sweet and everything and I DO appreciate it, BUT most of the people there, except 2, started in March this year. I barely know them and to be perfectly honest, I have no desire to get to know them better. I've had to endure the annoying questions for 2 years. Questions like 'Do you like Japanese food?', 'Can you eat sashimi?' and 'What do you think of Japan?' do my head in and I know I'm gonna get them tonight because I haven't spoken to any of these people at length.

The only thing that makes it bearable is the fact that my old supervisor is gonna be there. And I absolutely adore here. I've already written her a letter and bought her a gift to thank her for everything that she's done for me. I decided to give this speech 'Thank you for everything and please don't forget about me.' That's it. At the end of the day I've just clashed with my supervisor. I told you before that she just hasn't got a clue about ALT stuff and it's just been a complete mission wiht her. I know she's trying but it's so frustrating for me. And I don't really have anything to say. So many farewell speeches - I'm totally done with them. Seriously, I've just had enough now. I can't wait for them to be over.

:-(

No comments: