“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 27 July 2009

And It's Hit Me

I've been feeling pretty OK about this whole leaving thing. But yesterday I got the reality smack.

I was with a friend when he turned around and said 'I don't want you to go'. Then he gave me a hug and the tears came. It's because it's the start of my last full week here. My final week.

And now it's getting hard - saying goodbye to schools was bad enough, but now it's time to say goodbye to friends. And that is a billion times harder.

On top of that I've realised that I feel more for someone than I thought. And having to walk away from him is going to be a lot tougher than I had anticipated. Just the thought of it is enough to make me wel up with tears.

:-(

No comments: