“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 3 March 2010

日本人みたい!!!

I have had a few students tell me that I look Japanese.

LOL right?!?!

Just because I have black hair. I didn't even wear it straight today because I went from the gym straight to work, so even with the curls, they still tell me I look Japanese.

*sigh*

The ignorance of the Japanese really bothers me sometimes and this was no exception. Foreign people don't have black hair?!?! Do they even realise how stupid that sounds? And it's not just the students - even a couple of mums have made a comment to that effect. I had one woman come up with the dumbass theory that all Japanese people want brown hair and all foreigners want black hair. The worst was the way she said it - all matter of fact, like she knew what the hell she was talking about.

On a more positive note, my hair is still gorgeous and shiny. Herbal dyes all the way baby!!!

And on a even MORE positive note, I have had my holiday approved for the summer! I couldn't believe it - I thought I was going to have a massive battle on my hands because of the strict rules that come with taking holidays but it was like I had made a big deal about nothing! I'm still waiting for head office to realise what they've agreed to and take it back!

Fingers crossed!

xx

No comments: