“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 14 March 2010

Blogging

I just watched the latest episode of House.

The patient in the show is an avid blogger. Like, she blogs EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of her life, including arguments with her boyfriend and she makes all her decisions in life based on feedback from her readers.

When you keep a blog, I think you need to respect the anonymity of the people that you write about. I write about people all the time but I don't use names because at the end of the day you just don't know who's reading. If you completely cuss someone out and you use their real name, then I don't think that's a very moral thing to do, especially if you have mutual friends with the people that you are cussing out.

I could never imagine revealing the details of a row with my man or something that personal. And there is no way in hell I would choose to make any serious decisions based on what my readers thought. Like, it's fine to ask for advice but that shouldn't be the way to make a decision about something like whether you should have surgery or not. That's just crazy right?

But I guess each to their own! Some people just want to share absolutely everything with the whole world so that people can get to 'know' them. I think that you can allow people to know a bit about you without having to reveal everything in such detail. I think sometimes I reveal too much of my vulnerable side...but hey, everyone needs to unleash every now and again.

And your continued support is appreciated!

xx

No comments: