“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 25 March 2010

=)

I just LOVE non-teaching days.

I literally spent the whole day colouring in and drawing pictures to redecorate my classroom with...all while joking and having a right laugh with the other teacher that I work with.

I wish I could be paid to spend EVERY day just colouring in! So much more relaxed. I've been thinking more and more about work and today I finally informed my peers that it's highly likely I will be handing in my notice in a couple of months. Unfortunately, that has now caused a massive debate about whether to approve the holiday that I want to take in June/July. DOH!

The more I think about it, the more I think I want to go into HR. I mean, if I can't get out of education just yet, I think I would rather be doing the interviewing and training of teachers rather than actually teaching myself. I mean, I have given 3 years to teaching and I think I'm pretty much done with it. Definitely over teaching kids, that's for sure. It's a difficult situation because I'm getting job offers left, right and centre from other eikaiwa companies but I've already decided that I don't wanna jump from one teaching job to another. And they all want me to teach kids! I keep getting told that anyone can teach adults, but not everyone can teach children. I guess I should take that as a compliment! LOL!

But yeh, it's defintitely a direction that I would like to go in. My own teacher trainer even told me that I would be really good at it...even though it's really hard work. I just want to get out of the classroom now.

So much to think about.

We'll see how it goes!

xx

No comments: