“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Fucking Company

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I'm in like some hardcore battle with head office to get some holiday approved.

When I first submitted the dates I wanted to take off in the summer, I was told it was too early to make the request but it shouldn't be a problem to take the time off.

You know I've been hating on one of the schools I work with right? So, last week I told them that I would give it just another 2 months and then if something didn't change (i.e. if they didn't transfer me), then I would hand in my notice. They came right back at me and said that if I'm thinking about quitting, then they won't approve my holiday.

Bastards.

I was totally backed into a corner. One of the managers withdrew her approval of the holiday I wanted to take so that I would have no choice but to stay. Seeing that I was fighting a losing battle (I'm in no financial position to quit before July), I caved in and told them that even though I don't appreciate being blackmailed, I would stay if they approved my holiday.

Now they're turning around and still trying to tell me I can't have it! I would need to be subbed for one day and they're not happy about it. Yet, when I first submitted the dates, it wasn't even an issue. Talk about being a load of jackasses. They have no idea that all they're doing is pushing me to quit earlier. And if I do, they are only getting one month's notice, instead of the 4.

So fucked off. All I want is a fucking holiday. They're just being dicks. I've caved in once and I'm definitely not doing it again. I will walk.

:-(

No comments: