“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 15 October 2009

The Devil Wears Prada

I absolutely LOVE this movie!!!

I think that at some point in every girl's life, we've all thought about going into the fashion industry in one way or another. Or you at least go through that phase where you start paying more attention than you did before to fashion trends and what was in and what was out.

I absolutely adore clothes but I wouldn't say I was a die hard fashion fan. For the most part, I'm not even into fashion trends...well, sometimes, and I mix high street and designer labels rather than sticking to one or the other. I normally find that when you pay nothing for an item of clothing, well, it looks like nothing. It does pay off to pay more and look good, rather than paying less and looking cheap.

I am dying to go shopping. I haven't been once since I moved to Tokyo because I went so crazy in London and i just can't afford it. I have been window shopping with friends and getting them to spend their money instead! I have seen so much nice stuff this season but I'm gonna have to wait until the winter sales before I can indulge. I need a whole new business wardrobe - I mean, there's nothing wrong with the one that I have, but a girl gets bored!!!

I just want to be spoilt rotten!!! And there is no one to do it!! LOL - makes me wish I was still with my ex-ex boyfriend!!! He bought me clothes and bags all the time!! That was the life! *sigh*

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

xx

No comments: