“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 26 October 2009

Post Japan

Another friend who left Japan this year has gone back to Buenos Airies.

So many people have decided to go back to South America. I'm actually impressed how many people I've met over here who have actually spent an extended amount of time there, including myself, and it's nice to see that so many people still have a special connection with the continent.

I was talking to her about why she went back, and she said that working here in Japan for two years was like working herself to an early grave. Being back in South America is allowing her to actually LIVE life again, rather than plodding through day by day over here just to save money. And God knows there are so many people here doing that. Not the reason to stay here guys!

At some point I definitely want to go back to South America - especially Brazil (which will ALWAYS be a special place for me) and Argentina. It's an incredible continent. But while I am here in Asia, I wanna do what I need to do over here first. And then definitely includes a trip back to Indonesia!

I wanna be paid to travel. That would be my ideal job. Do you remember Jill Dando? I ALWAYS wanted her job on "Holiday".

Might start looking into that again!

xx

No comments: