“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 3 October 2009

I Did It!

I finally joined the gym today....and it took the best part of an hour!

So many forms and procedures and nonsense to go through! All in Japanese as well - man, I had to whip my dictionary out a couple of times because I just had no idea what the woman was going on about.

I really love this gym though. You all know how much I love my aerobics, dance and aqua classes and there is an AMAZING selection there. So I'm looking forward to getting started tomorrow.

It's gonna be like it was back in Karatsu though - constantly getting stared at. When the lady was showing me around the place, everyone seemed to just stop working out to take a good ol' gawp at the gaijin walking through. I got stopped along the way 6 times by people commenting that my legs were so long and I MUST be a model. LOL! If only they knew it isn't as easy as that!

Back to being the newbie! 3 other people were joining at the same time, btu being Japanese, I'm sure they will just blend right in. Back to those annoying first conversations and ignorant comments!

*sigh*

xx

No comments: