“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 8 October 2009

Weirdos

I can't believe how many people are commenting on how "disappointing" this typhoon is.

Fools!

Have you seen the news and the devastation that storms have brought to the Philippines and Indonesia?! Why the hell would you want a massive great typhoon that rips off the roof of your house and causes destruction on an insane scale?! To get out of school?!

It's so crazy how many statuses I've read on Facebook saying how people HOPE the typhoon is really big so they don't have to go to school. What a bunch of morons! How the hell can you be more concerned about getting out of school than the potential danger that you could be in?

Granted, all these typhoons that I've experienced since I've been here have been little more than strong wind and rain. And that's a good thing! I don't need to be living through natural disasters on a greater scale thank you very much! I don't need to be "impressed" with a typhoon! People wanna see all this drama but they wouldn't be saying that if they were actually caught up in it.

I just don't get it.

Weirdos.

xx


No comments: